Maxdata builds healthcare software products since 1978. This software is the exclusive property of Maxdata and has a well known brand - Clinidata® - registered throughout the European Union. Clinidata® software is used by more than 220 healthcare organizations worldwide, including for instance the largest Portuguese hospitals, all Azores public hospitals and laboratories, the largest private laboratory of anatomic pathology in the Iberian Peninsula and 17 hospitals in the Middle East.
Clinidata® addresses the following main areas:
- Labs of any type: clinical pathology, anatomic pathology, genetics and beyond
- Blood Banks, Donors and Transfusions
- Early detection of outbreaks of epidemic diseases, including those yet unknown
- Automatic identification and monitoring of nosocomial infections, including the prediction of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) based on machine learning
Clinidata® integrates out-of-the-box with 400+ medical devices and dozens of healthcare information systems, supporting well-known clinical codings (e.g., LOINC, SNOMED-CT, ICD-O, ICD-10-CM, ISBT 128) and communication protocols (e.g., ASTM, HL7 v2.x, FHIR).
The experience resulting from the hundreds of implementations in laboratories and hospitals of different size, organization and specialization, on 3 continents, have made Clinidata® a highly innovative, intelligent, reliable and high-performance product that Maxdata strives to maintain as a top reference in its area.
The bet on innovation is constant. In 4 decades, Maxdata has launched four generations of Clinidata®. The 4th generation of Clinidata® increases the range of functionality of old applications and takes a “giant leap” in usability and flexibility:
- Cross-platform | 100% web solution | Runs on any browser, on any device - no plugins required
- Runs on most common databases, including free open-source databases such as PostgreSQL and commercial databases such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Runs on any operating system | Windows, Linux, Mac OS
- Secure by design
- Automatic migration of competing applications
- Cloud-ready by design | Dozens of sites worldwide already use Clinidata® deployed on private and public clouds
Maxdata regularly participates in several R&D projects, including for instance European scientific research projects in the areas of healthcare and cloud security.
The need to respond to the quality requirements of international markets, led Maxdata to become the first Portuguese company to operate in the area of healthcare certified according to the international standards ISO/IEC 20.000-1 (international standard for IT service management) and ISO 9001 (international standard for quality management).
Maxdata is also a solid partner with sustained growth rates throughout its history. This sustained growth has been rewarded by IAPMEI (a Portuguese governement Institute for the Support of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises and Innovation), which distinguished Maxdata with the status of Leader SME (PME Líder) in 2009-2019 and Excellence SME (PME Excelência) in 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016 and 2019.
It is with great satisfaction that we observe the recognition of our customers for the quality of our products and for the excellence of our support service.